EFLM Academy Award 2023
The EFLM Executive Board has the pleasure to announce the 2023 Award exclusively addressed to EFLM Academy Members
The EFLM Academy award has been created to promote excellence and honor extraordinary individuals who have made substantial contribution to the education in Laboratory Medicine in Europe.
The award aims to encourage educational activities and recognize the value and importance of education for EFLM.
The award is granted annually to the author of the most distinguished educational activity or a project in the past 5 years. Eligible are various high quality educational materials, like educational papers, handbooks, books or book chapters, online educational resources, educational courses and workshops. EFLM values inclusiveness and accessibility through removing barriers and sharing resources in education. Therefore, although consideration will be given both to National and European projects, the preference will be given to the most outstanding European projects aimed to a wide International audience.
- must be from an EFLM Full National Society Member
- must be member of the EFLM Academy for at least the last 3 years
- must be the leading author or editor or chair of the educational project which has been launched within the past 5 years
- must not be nominated in the same year for any other EFLM award
- none of the officers of the EFLM Executive Board are eligible for the award during their term of office
The detailed documentation to produce for the application is indicated in the award leaflet available at the below link.
- their own National Society
- or any other EFLM Member Society (Full, Affiliate or Provisional), from a country different from the country of the nominee.
Applications must be accompanied by:
1) a statement of the reasons for the nomination, highlighting the accomplishments of the individual;
2) a statement that the individual was not nominated in the same year for any other EFLM award;
3) a detailed description of the accomplishments related to the purpose of the award;
4) the documents, links, references providing the evidence of the educational activity and contribution
5) a short CV of the nominee
The award will be given on occasion of the
EuroMedLab Congress 2025 in Brussels.
The award winner will receive a trophy and a certificate.
As a token of appreciation, the winner will also receive the free registration, travel and accommodation for the EuroMedLab Congress where the award will be presented.
Applications and supporting documents must be written in English and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
within 15 December 2023
European Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine